When you sign in to Windows Live SkyDrive, you’re in charge for each folder you create, you choose who has access to it. Add new folders, rename them, or change who has access at any time.
Always where you need them
- 5 GB of free online storage, available from any computer with Internet access.
- Create personal, shared, and public folders — you decide who has access to each folder.
- Windows Live SkyDrive works well on any Windows or Macintosh computer with Firefox 1.5 or higher, or Internet Explorer 6 or higher.
How they help protect your files
- Your personal folders are password-protected with your Windows Live ID, so only you have access.
- When you create a shared folder, the friends you’re sharing with need to sign in with their own Windows Live ID and password.
- Just like at your online bank, all file transfers are protected using Secure Socket Layers (SSL).