Dropbox is a wonderful file hosting solution that provides users with 2GB online storage capacity. Countless computer users have taken advantage of Dropbox’s services and use it daily. Being a Dropbox user, I was sure nothing could compete with the user-friendliness and feature-richness offered by Dropbox. But now having discovered Dmailer, I am happy to be proven wrong.
Dmailer is also a free online file hosting solution. We can use the application on Windows and Mac operating systems and use it to backup as much as 2GB of data. The data is stored online, just like Dropbox.
This tool can be taken maximum advantage of by users who own a USB flash drive larger than 2GB capacity. One way in which Dmailer works is by backing up all of a user’s files to the USB Flash drive. The interface copies by default files from the Desktop, Documents, My Music, My Pictures, and My Videos folders. This makes restoration easier in case of data loss or corruption of operating system.
Apart from this USB feature, a number of other impressive features set Dmailer apart from Dropbox. These features include:
- Live Backup: Continuously and automatically back up your files
- Versioning: Maintain several versions of a file at once
- Multiple profiles: Manage multiple profiles, maintain log files & view backup summaries
- Security: Password protected and AES 128-bit encrypted
- Contextual help: Access to application features guide
- Simplicity: Restore your data in one single click
- Catering to wide audience: Available in 18 languages
These features combine to make Dmailer a much better alternative to Dropbox. Start using Dmailer Backup here.