Folx is a free download manager for Mac OS X. Its friendly interface will help you take the most of your downloads. It’s not overloaded with tons of unnecessary features and is extremely easy to use. All you have to do to download files is click the link in your web browser and Folx will catch it.
It can split your downloads in multiple threads, thus it is much faster. You also have an option to adjust the download and upload speed in Folx and prioritize the most important downloads by just dragging them to the top of the queue. Folx also offers auto-resuming of your downloads in case you went offline or the tracker was down, etc.
You probably noticed before that the more you download the harder it is sometimes to find the needed files in your downloads folder. By tagging your downloads you instruct Folx to save them to folders that correspond with assigned tags using symlinks. Whenever you need to find your downloaded content, you even don’t have to launch Folx, just look in your main downloads folder and follow the familiar tags structure. Assign as many tags to each download as you wish.
Full features list
- Powerful download engine for maximum performance
- High download speed
- Auto-resuming file transfer
- Set the priorities for downloads
- Control time and speed of your downloads
- Split the downloads in several threads
- Torrent client
- Detailed log info to check the download process
- Automatic capture of download links
- Broadband support
- Smart tag and folder technology to manage all your downloads
- Growl integration
- Spotlight integration
- Almost all Mac OS X browsers integration
- A wise Floating Window – quick access to your downloads
- User-friendly interface
Folx is really a great simple app that can handle your downloads as a piece of cake. What’s more you would wish in a free downloader.