flickr is a leading photo sharing platform that allows you to share your photos and browse those uploaded by other users. In order to use flickr, you need to visit flickr.com and perform your photo sharing activity.
Many thanks to Flickroom that takes the flickr on your desktop. Flickroom is a free Adobe AIR based application that provides an enhanced user experience in browsing flickr photos on your desktop. With Flickroom, you can navigate between the photos in a quick manner and share your photos seamlessly. Since it’s developed with Adobe AIR, the application is cross-platform and can run on all the operating systems having Adobe AIR runtime installed.
Key features of Flickroom include:
- Browse photos and groups of photos in an uncluttered manner.
- Upload your photos seamlessly with easy drag-and-drop operation.
- Select multiple items and apply privacy settings at once.
- View images in three different layouts – Filmstrip, Grid and Map view.
- Quickly checkout the explored photos or schedule it for a day to show explored photos.
- View photo information such as owner, license, privacy information and comments in an enhanced manner.
- Advance search that allows you to search photos based on text, tags, licensing, date and safe search options.
- Edit your existing photos and related information quickly and easily.
- View recent updates from your contacts and put comments or add notes.
- Upload your photos directly to your Facebook from Flickroom.
- Use Flickroom in English, Russian, Korean, Chinese and many other languages.
Flickroom team runs a blog that you can visit to get in touch with the latest updates and you can also follow it on twitter.