Professional font creators have mastered the tools of their trade and know exactly how to bring their font concepts to life. But what if you are a web developer who has only recently entered the arena of font creation. You have not familiarized yourself with many tools yet and it might be a while before you can actually create the font that you are thinking of.
To dodge the traditional font creation tools, you can use a wonderful service named Pilot Handwriting.
Pilot Handwriting lets you create a font in your handwriting. You achieve this in a few easy steps:
- First, you create an account on the site.
- Next you print out a template. This template contains empty spaces in front of each font character.
- You write in the empty spaces, in your own handwriting, or whatever writing you want the font to be in.
- You provide the image of the filled-out paper to the site. You can do this by scanning the image through a scanner, or taking a snapshot through a webcam or digital camera.
- Pilot Handwriting recognizes each character and provides you with option to modify each character.
- Once done editing, you can save your font with a custom name.
- You can use any one of your created fonts to write a letter on the site and email it to the recipient.
Unfortunately the letter is the only thing you can do with your created font; the site does not let you download the font you create. But still, sending people e-letters in your own handwriting will appeal to many people.
Pilot Handwriting is a website with a very unique font creation idea. Check out Pilot Handwriting.